Wednesday 13 June 2007

Botched Investigation!!

The Jamaican Police, after 3 months of investigation, has now accepted that Coach Bob Woolmer was not murdered.

Although I was happy to hear that nobody in the cricket fraternity is petty enough to sink to the low of murder, I was also sad that Coach Woolmer's family endured much distress and anguish. I pray that Coach Woolmer’s “murder investigation” saga is over and his soul can rest in peace.

The Jamaican opposition leader called the whole episode a national embarrassment and I think he is right. From day one the Jamaican Police knew that this case was high profile and would be scrutinised by the world and world press word by word. They knew that they couldn’t make a bold statement like “Bob Woolmer was murdered” and get away with it. Mark Shields must bear the burden and take responsibility. The nation has scarred itself for life. I hope ICC doesn’t punish West Indies when deciding on venues for future World Cups.

Pakistan and its cricket team have been disgraced due to this matter. No self-respecting adult wants to provide fingerprints or DNA to Police. The Irish and Pakistani team had to do this. I feel the Jamaican Police must apologise to Pakistan and their team for the botched job. The suspicion was cast on the team and I am glad they have been vindicated.
I hope that this verdict makes it easier for International coaches to accept roles in subcontinent nations without fear.

Despite being an avid cricket fan I maintain that it’s a game and should be left that way. I hope that two evils murder and match fixing never plague the game.

Meanwhile Australia and Pakistan schedule in India has been confirmed so fingers crossed the boys get their act together!! :)

1 comment:

Amrita said...

U've been tagged! check my blog